Gordon Memorial United Methodist Church is hiring a lead musician. This is a full-time position with a salary os $13, 750 ($265 per Sunday). The individual reports directly to the Director of Music and Worship.
The Primary Responsibilities are:
- Serves and assist in the planning, coordination, operation, and evaluation of a comprehensive Music Ministry.
- Works with the Director of Music and Worship in determining music ministry goals, organization, leadership, facilities, and planning congregational services of the church.
- Assists with the direction and guidance for the Instrumentalists (keyboardist, drummer, guitarist, etc.). Utilizes the gifts of staff in selection and preparation of music selections as needed.
- Designated Music Director for Watered Roots; and conducts choir rehearsals in a timely and disciplined manner.
- Assist as required and in cooperation with the appropriate committees in selecting, enlisting, training, and counseling with other musicians who serve in the Church Music Ministry.
- Organist/Keyboardist to assist with Mass Choir and attend all rehearsals unless notification of absence has been provided to the Director of Music and Worship.
- Assist as required or in the absence of the Minister of Music in the supervision and maintenance of additions to music library and equipment; provides musical materials, supplies, instruments, and other music equipment for use in the church's programs.
- Stays abreast, continuously, of current music, music trends, materials, promotions and administration; utilizing them where appropriate.
- Assists with the coordination of training and use of instrumentalists and vocalists in groups or as individuals.
- Assists as required during a minimum of monthly rehearsals for musicians only.
- Conducts rehearsals for Watered Roots as deemed appropriate. This Choir sings on the 5th Sunday in those months that have five Sundays.
- Showcase the versatility and varied talents & gifts of the choir though use of song selections, spoken words, contemporary and traditional gospels, anthems, spirituals, etc., along with the utilization of varied vocal combinations and soloists.
- Maintains positive assertiveness in the Music Ministry Program.
- This position requires patience, creativity, flexibility, dedication and commitment to those it serves in the life of Gordon Memorial United Methodist Church.
- This position promotes Christian discipleship through the interpretation of song
For additional information, please call 615-329-2779 or visit the website at www.gordonmemorial.org. You may also send an e-mail to the church at email@example.com