Job Title: Human Resources Ministry Lead
Position Purpose: Manages specific Human Resources functional area(s) to ensure alignment with strategies and objectives. Responsible for assisting in HR functions for GCFA staff, including, but not limited to: talent acquisition and selection, compensation, employee/labor relations, training, performance management, and diversity. Assists with the HRIS training and administration for HR Staff and employees of the General Agencies of The UMC (GAUMC); interacts with and serves as a resource to the Committee on Personnel Policies and Practices (CPPP), which is responsible for recommending benefits plans and policies for general agency personnel in agencies receiving general Church funds to GCFA’s Board.
Reports to: Chief Officer of Human Resources & Professional Development
- Oversees the recruitment and selection process for GCFA staff.
- Responsible for providing strategic Human Resources support compensation, performance management, employee relations, communication and compliance. Responsible for assisting in the development of a positive, creative and ethical environment; champions best practices approach and continues to drive that philosophy throughout the company.
- Responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of practices, policies, and procedures and assistance in the development and facilitation of in-house management training programs that address company needs (e.g., Performance Appraisal, Interviewing).
- Resource for the Committee on Personnel Policies and Practices, including providing general staff support as well as expertise on updated/new personnel policies and practices for the GAUMC employees. Assistance in providing policy oversight of the staff providing day to day management of the human resources and benefits information system to maintain benefit, salary, and absence information for GAUMC employees, related information for bishops, and benefit information for retirees.
- Responsible for providing strategic HRIS support to GCFA staff and GAUMC HR staff and employees.
- Supervision of the HRIS Administrator and working closely with the management team to assist in the development and implementation of strategic organizational effectiveness initiatives.
- Responsible for recruiting and selection of GCFA staff and ensuring candidates meeting qualifications and standards set by management. Responsible for providing leadership and
- interview training to hiring managers. Seeking out and initiation of new, improved and effective recruiting strategies.
- Responsible for assisting in compensation initiatives including salary benchmarking, wage structure review, implementation and maintenance.
- Manage HRIS Administrator and ensure using HRIS to its full capacity. Manage the implementations of new workflows and modules and provide training support to users.
- Assist in the development and implementation of New Hire Orientation and Onboarding process.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Industrial/Organizational Psychology or related field required. Master’s degree in Human Resources Management, Industrial/Organizational Psychology or related field is preferred. PHR certification (or equivalent) preferred.
- 4-5 years of human resources generalist experience is required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications required. Skills in HRIS technologies, recruitment and selection, and compensation management preferred.
- Knowledge or willingness to learn United Methodist denominational polity and organizational structure essential.
- UMC Member is preferred
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: November 04, 2016
No Staffing Agencies or Recruitment Firms